DCE Monthly Journal Review
Monthly Journal Review Archive
Access to some journal articles may require a subscription.
April 2019 Journal Review
- Intermediate Hyperglycemia to Predict Progression to Type 2 Diabetes.
- Two‐year‐supervised resistance training prevented diabetes incidence in people with prediabetes: A randomised control trial.
- Testosterone Therapy in Men With Hypogonadism Prevents Progression From Prediabetes to Type 2 Diabetes: Eight-Year Data From a Registry Study.
Type I Diabetes:
- Prognostic Importance and Optimal Levels of Risk Factors for Mortality and
Cardiovascular Outcomes in Type 1 Diabetes.
Source: https://www.practiceupdate.com/content/prognostic-importance-and-optimal- levels-of-risk-factors-for-mortality-and-cardiovascular-outcomes-in-type-1-diabetes/80482
- Prognostic Importance and Optimal Levels of Risk Factors for Mortality and Cardiovascular Outcomes in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Genetic Determinants of Glycated Hemoglobin in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Gluten Intake and Risk of Islet Autoimmunity and Progression to Type 1 Diabetes in Children at Increased Risk of the Disease: The Diabetes Autoimmunity Study in the Young (DAISY).
- Association of breastfeeding and gestational diabetes mellitus with the prevalence of prediabetes and the metabolic syndrome in offspring of Hispanic mothers.
- Text‐message responsiveness to blood glucose monitoring reminders is associated with HbA1c benefit in teenagers with Type 1 diabetes.
- Disordered Eating Behaviors in Youth and Young Adults With Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes Receiving Insulin Therapy: The SEARCH for Diabetes in Youth Study.
Type 2 Diabetes:
- The Effect of Proton Pump Inhibitors on Glycemic Control in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes.
- Variability in sleep disturbance, physical activity and quality of life by level of depressive symptoms in women with Type 2 diabetes.
- Risk of Incident Obstructive Sleep Apnea Among Patients With Type 2 Diabetes.
- Importance of Treatment Status in Links Between Type 2 Diabetes and Alzheimer Disease.
- Suboptimal Nocturnal Glucose Control Is Associated With Large for Gestational Age in Treated Gestational Diabetes Mellitus.
- Maternal BMI, Peripheral Deiodinase Activity, and Plasma Glucose: Relationships among Caucasian Women in the HAPO Study.
- Real‐world experience of metformin use in pregnancy: Observational data from the Northern Territory Diabetes in Pregnancy Clinical Register.
- Gestational diabetes and the risk of cardiovascular disease in women: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Gestational diabetes and the risk of late stillbirth: a case–control study from England, UK
- Effect of a Behavioral Weight Loss Intervention in People With Serious Mental Illness and Diabetes.
- Comparison of Smartphone‐Based Behavioral Obesity Treatment With Gold Standard Group Treatment and Control: A Randomized Trial.
- Fast-Food Offerings in the United States in 1986, 1991, and 2016 Show Large Increases in Food Variety, Portion Size, Dietary Energy, and Selected Micronutrients.
- Effect of Multinutrient Supplementation and Food-Related Behavioral Activation Therapy on Prevention of Major Depressive Disorder Among Overweight or Obese Adults With Subsyndromal Depressive Symptoms.
- Long‐Term Follow‐up of the Mind Your Health Project: Acceptance‐Based versus Standard Behavioral Treatment for Obesity.
- SGLT2 Inhibitors Increase the Risk of Diabetic Ketoacidosis Developing in the Community and During Hospital Admission.
- Durability of a primary care-led weight-management intervention for remission of type 2 diabetes: 2-year results of the DiRECT open-label, cluster-randomzsed trial.
- Randomized Trial of a Tailored Cognitive Behavioral Intervention in Type 2 Diabetes With Comorbid Depressive and/or Regimen-Related Distress Symptoms: 12-Month Outcomes From COMRADE.
- Long-term Effects of Metformin on Diabetes Prevention: Identification of Subgroups That Benefited Most in the Diabetes Prevention Program and Diabetes Prevention Program Outcomes Study.
- Accuracy and Precision of a Point-of-Care HbA1c Test.
Lipidology and Diabetes:
- Associations of statin use with glycemic traits and incident type 2 diabetes.
- Dietary patterns during adulthood and cognitive performance in midlife
The CARDIA study.
- Influence of Microvascular Disease on Cardiovascular Events in Type 2 Diabetes.
Dental Health and Diabetes:
No articles available for review this month.
Monthly Journal Review Archive