Ginger Turmeric Roasted Carrots with Walnuts
1 lb whole carrots
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground turmeric
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- Heat oven to 400 F
- Wash carrots and pat dry. Slice in half lengthwise.
- Place carrots on a large sheet pan. Coat carrots with olive oil, ginger and turmeric.
- Place sheet pan in oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove pan from oven and turn carrots over. Return pan to oven and roast for an additional 10 minutes, until carrots are tender.
- After 10 minutes, add walnuts to the pan, and continue roasting for 3-5 minutes until walnuts are lightly toasted.
- Remove pan from oven, and transfer carrots and walnuts to serving dish. Sprinkle with Kosher salt. Serve.
Serving Size: about 4 carrot slices
Servings Per Recipe: approximately 4
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 8.7 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Sodium 148.7 mg
Total Carbohydrate 12 g
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
Sugar 5.6 g
Protein 2.3 g