DCE Journal Review May 2019
- Association Between Prediabetes/Diabetes and Asthma Exacerbations in a Claims-Based Obese Asthma Cohort.
- A randomized controlled trial of metformin on left ventricular hypertrophy in patients with coronary artery disease without diabetes: the MET-REMODEL trial.
Type I Diabetes:
- Diabetes distress in young adults with early‐onset Type 1 diabetes and its prospective relationship with HbA1c and health status.
Type 2 Diabetes:
- Gastric Emptying in Patients With Well-Controlled Type 2 Diabetes Compared With Nondiabetic Controls.
- Association Between Topical Corticosteroid Use and Type 2 Diabetes in Two European Population-Based Adult Cohorts
- Restricting carbohydrates at breakfast is sufficient to reduce 24-hour exposure to postprandial hyperglycemia and improve glycemic variability.
- Impact of family history of diabetes on diabetes control and complication.
- Lower plasma insulin levels during overnight closed-loop in school children with type 1 diabetes: Potential advantage? A randomized cross-over trial.
- Home-based video visits for pediatric patients with poorly controlled type 1 diabetes.
- Associations of HbA1c with the timing of C‐peptide responses during the oral glucose tolerance test at the diagnosis of type 1 diabetes.
- Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion versus multiple daily injection regimens in children and young people at diagnosis of type 1 diabetes: pragmatic randomized controlled trial and economic evaluation.
- Metformin Improves Peripheral Insulin Sensitivity in Youth with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Gestational diabetes associated with incident diabetes in childhood and youth: a retrospective cohort study.
- Maternal Glycemic Control in Type 1 Diabetes and the Risk for Preterm Birth: A Population-Based Cohort Study.
- Safety and Effectiveness of Longer‐Term Phentermine Use: Clinical Outcomes from an Electronic Health Record Cohort.
- Patient Behaviors and Characteristics Related to Weight Regain After Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass: A Multicenter Prospective Cohort Study.
- Effects of colchicine in adults with metabolic syndrome: A pilot randomized controlled trial.
- Long-Term Weight Loss With Metformin or Lifestyle Intervention in the Diabetes Prevention Program Outcomes Study.
- Association between income levels and irregular physician visits after a health checkup, and its consequent effect on glycemic control among employees: A retrospective propensity score‐matched cohort study.
- Vitamin D and diabetic foot ulcer: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Impact of Pharmacist-directed Counseling and Message Reminder Services on Medication Adherence and Clinical Outcomes in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Association of Diabetes With All-Cause and Cause-Specific Mortality in Asia, A Pooled Analysis of More Than 1 Million Participants.
- A signature of circulating inflammatory proteins and development of end-stage renal disease in diabetes.
Lipidology and Diabetes:
- Age at Diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Associations With Cardiovascular and Mortality Risks Findings From the Swedish National Diabetes Registry.
- Acetaminophen Safety: Risk of Mortality and Cardiovascular Events in Nursing Home Residents, a Prospective Study.
- Elevated Serum Uric Acid Is Associated With Greater Risk for Hypertension and Diabetic Kidney Diseases in Obese Adolescents With Type 2 Diabetes: An Observational Analysis From the Treatment Options for Type 2 Diabetes in Adolescents and Youth (TODAY) Study.
Dental Health and Diabetes:
- In type 2 diabetes with periodontitis, intensive periodontitis treatment improved glycemic control at 1 year.
Monthly Journal Review Archive