DCE’s Fall Recipe Contest with Mom’s Meals
**NOTE: Deadline for recipe submissions has been extended to FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 2019!**
At Mom’s Meals, we know that what you eat makes a big difference in your health. That’s why we’re teaming up with Diabetes Care and Education (DCE) on a Fall Diabetes-Friendly Recipe Contest.
We’re looking for tasty, healthy fall recipes that Mom would love – created by you, the diabetes nutrition experts!
The contest contains two categories: entrée and side dish. All recipe entries should:
- Utilize elements that reflect a diabetes friendly eating pattern, such as whole grains, low-fat dairy products, lean proteins, and/or non-starchy vegetables
- Use no more than 10 ingredients (salt, pepper, and water do not count as an ingredient) Ingredients should be readily-available in most supermarkets and be cost-effective
- Be submitted using the recipe template linked below
- Be an original recipe
Recipes will be judged on their adherence to the guidelines above, as well as their appetizing appearance, nutritional balance/appropriateness for diabetes, clear cooking instructions, and use of readily-available, cost-effective ingredients. The top six recipes in each category will be tested by a blinded judging panel. NOTE: You must be a DCE member to participate.
**Read the full recipe guidelines and rules HERE prior to creating your recipe and submitting.**
The winning recipe in each category will be featured in the Mom’s Meals newsletter to case managers, and may even be considered for adaptation into one of our future menus. In addition, we will award:
- One grand prize ($500) in each category (1 entrée and 1 side dish)
- One runner up prize ($150) in each category (1 entrée and 1 side dish)
How to Participate
About Mom’s Meals
At Mom’s Meals, we believe better health should be accessible to all, and it begins with the very meals we eat. We provide high-quality, refrigerated meals to any U.S. address. We put choice in the hands of our customers, offering a broad selection of entrees, including those to support common health conditions such as diabetes.
If you have questions about our recipe contest, please contact DCE’s Recipe Coordinator, Andrea Magliano, at DCErecipecontest@gmail.com.