Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. While oven is preheating, clean and prepare Brussels sprouts. Cut into quarters and add to a medium-sized bowl. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Spread out on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Next, dice peeled sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch pieces. Add to medium-sized bowl that was used for Brussels sprouts. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg to bowl. Mix to combine all ingredients, then spread sweet potatoes onto a second baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- When oven is preheated, add baking sheets of Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes, and bake until edges of vegetables start to brown and vegetables are easily pierced with a fork, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and combine Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Add dried cranberries and walnuts to the bowl as well, fold to combine all ingredients.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve chilled.
Susan Berkman, MS, RD, LD, CDE
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Servings Per Recipe: 10
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 8.5 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Sodium 27.5 mg
Total Carbohydrate 16 g
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g