DCE Journal Review September 2017
1.Not performing an OGTT results in significant underdiagnosis of (pre)diabetes in a high risk adult Caucasian population.
2.Conversion of Sugar to Fat: Is Hepatic de Novo Lipogenesis Leading to Metabolic Syndrome and Associated Chronic Diseases?
3.Dynamics of intrapericardial and extrapericardial fat tissues during long-term, dietary-induced, moderate weight loss.
Type I Diabetes:
1.Association of glycemic control with reduced risk of large vessel disease after more than 50 years of type 1 diabetes.
2.Use of Adjuvant Pharmacotherapy in Type 1 Diabetes: International Comparison of 49,367 Individuals in the Diabetes Prospective Follow-up and T1D Exchange Registries.
3. Clinical and Psychosocial Factors Associated With Suicidal Ideation in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes.
4. Metabolic and immune effects of immunotherapy with proinsulin peptide in human new-onset type 1 diabetes.
Type II Diabetes:
1. Bone Marrow Fat Changes After Gastric Bypass Surgery Are Associated With Loss of Bone Mass.
2. Association Between Adherence to Pharmacotherapy and Outcomes in Type 2 Diabetes: A Meta-analysis.
3. Effect of an Intensive Lifestyle Intervention on Glycemic Control in Patients With Type 2 DiabetesA Randomized Clinical Trial.
4. Understanding the Gap Between Efficacy in Randomized Controlled Trials and Effectiveness in Real-World Use of GLP-1RA and DPP4 Therapies in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes.
5. Continuous Glucose Monitoring Versus Usual Care in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Receiving Multiple Daily Insulin Injections: A Randomized Trial.
1. Association of Neonatal Glycemia With Neurodevelopmental Outcomes at 4.5 Years.
2. Diabetes Presentation in Infancy: High Risk of Diabetic Ketoacidosis.
3. Sleep Duration and Risk of Type 2 Diabetes.
4. Improving the transition from pediatric to adult diabetes care: the pediatric care provider's perspective in Quebec, Canada
1.Evidence that children born at early term (37-38 6/7 weeks) are at increased risk for diabetes and obesity-related disorders.
2.Diabetes risk in women with gestational diabetes mellitus and a history of polycystic ovary syndrome: a retrospective cohort study.
3.Gestational diabetes care and outcomes for refugee women: a population-based cohort study.
4.Causes and consequences of gestational diabetes in South Asians living in Canada: results from a prospective cohort study.
5.The Association of Falling Insulin Requirements With Maternal Biomarkers and Placental Dysfunction: A Prospective Study of Women With Pre-existing Diabetes in Pregnancy.
1.Sedentary Occupation Workers Who Meet the Physical Activity Recommendations Have a Reduced Risk for Metabolic Syndrome: A Cross-Sectional Study.
2.Income, physical activity, sedentary behavior, and the ‘weekend warrior’ among U.S. adults.
3.Separate and combined associations of obesity and metabolic health with coronary heart disease: a pan-European case-cohort analysis.
4.Leisure-Time Physical Activity and Incident Metabolic Syndrome: A Systematic Review and Dose-Response Meta-analysis of Cohort Studies.
5.Meal Frequency and Timing Are Associated with Changes in Body Mass Index in Adventist Health Study 2.
1. Family history of type 1 and type 2 diabetes and risk of latent autoimmune diabetes in adults (LADA).
2. Reduction of depressive symptoms predicts improved glycaemic control: Secondary results from the DIAMOS study.
3. Self-compassion is associated with optimum self-care behaviour, medical outcomes and psychological well-being in a cross-sectional sample of adults with diabetes.
4. Diabetes and Hypertension: A Position Statement by the American Diabetes Association.
5. Acute Kidney Injury in Patients on SGLT2 Inhibitors: A Propensity-Matched Analysis.