DCE Journal Review May 2018
- The relationship among breakfast time, morningness–eveningness preference and body mass index in Type 2 diabetes.
- Cardiovascular and renal burdens of prediabetes in the USA: analysis of data from serial cross-sectional surveys, 1988-2014.
Type I Diabetes:
- Late adulthood mortality among African‐American and white American people with Type 1 diabetes according to age at diabetes diagnosis.
- Genetic scores to stratify risk of developing multiple islet autoantibodies and type 1 diabetes: A prospective study in children.
- Artificial pancreas treatment for outpatients with type 1 diabetes: systematic review and meta-analysis.
Type II Diabetes:
- Associations of Residential Socioeconomic, Food, and Built Environments With Glycemic Control in Persons With Diabetes in New York City From 2007–2013.
- Circulating Spexin Levels Negatively Correlate With Age, BMI, Fasting Glucose, and Triglycerides in Healthy Adult Women.
- Turning the Waiting Room into a Classroom: Weekly Classes Using a Vegan or a Portion-Controlled Eating Plan Improve Diabetes Control in a Randomized Translational Study.
- Effects of metformin, rosiglitazone and insulin on bone metabolism in patients with type 2 diabetes.
- Plasma 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentration and risk of type 2 diabetes and pre-diabetes: 12-year cohort study.
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring Associated With Less Diabetes-Specific Emotional Distress and Lower A1c Among Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Glycemic extremes are related to cognitive dysfunction in children with type 1 diabetes: A meta-analysis.
- A phase 3 multicenter, open‐label, prospective study designed to evaluate the effectiveness and ease of use of nasal glucagon in the treatment of moderate and severe hypoglycemia in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes in the home or school setting.
- Poor sleep may raise obesity risk in kids.
- Trends and correlates of unhealthy dieting behaviours among adolescents in the United States, 1999–2013.
- Pre-Pregnancy Fitness and Risk of Gestational Diabetes: A Longitudinal Analysis.
- Parity increases insulin requirements in pregnant women with type 1 diabetes.
- Long-term BMI and growth profiles in offspring of women with gestational diabetes.
- A Tailored Letter Based on Electronic Health Record Data Improves Gestational Weight Gain Among Women With Gestational Diabetes: The Gestational Diabetes' Effects on Moms (GEM) Cluster-Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Safety of non‐insulin glucose‐lowering drugs in pregnant women with pre‐gestational diabetes: A cohort study.
- Sitting time, physical activity and the risk of lower urinary tract symptoms: a cohort study.
- Relationship Between Metabolic Syndrome, Alanine Aminotransferase Levels, and Liver Disease Severity in a Multiethnic North American Cohort With Chronic Hepatitis B.
- Identifying Geographic Disparities in Diabetes Prevalence Among Adults and Children Using Emergency Claims Data.
- Metabolic Features of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver (NAFL) in Obese Adolescents: Findings from a Multi‐ethnic Cohort
- Informational value of percent body fat with body mass index for the risk of abnormal blood glucose: a nationally representative cross-sectional study.
- Trends in Diabetic Ketoacidosis Hospitalizations and In-Hospital Mortality — United States, 2000–2014.
- Trends in annual dental visits among US dentate adults with and without self-reported diabetes and prediabetes, 2004-2014.
- Risk of All-Cause Mortality in Diabetic Patients Taking β-Blockers.
- Cost-effectiveness of Continuous Glucose Monitoring for Adults With Type 1 Diabetes Compared With Self-Monitoring of Blood Glucose: the DIAMOND Randomized Trial.
- Nutrition Label Literacy: The Intersection of Health Literacy and Food Label Reading Research Findings and Implications for Educators.
Monthly Journal Review Archive