June 2019 Journal Review
- Morbidity and mortality after lifestyle intervention for people with impaired glucose tolerance: 30-year results of the Da Qing Diabetes Prevention Outcome Study.
- Impaired Fasting Glucose and Chronic Kidney Disease, Albuminuria, or Worsening Kidney Function: a Secondary Analysis of the SPRINT.
- Association of Self-Reported Sleep and Circadian Measures With Glycemia in Adults With Prediabetes or Recently Diagnosed Untreated Type 2 Diabetes.
- Prediabetes and Risk for Cardiac Death Among Patients With Coronary Artery Disease.
- Prediabetes and Risk for Cardiac Death Among Patients With Coronary Artery Disease: The ARTEMIS Study.
Type I Diabetes:
- Low versus high carbohydrate diet in type 1 diabetes: A 12‐week randomized open‐label crossover study.
- Diabetes-Related Emotional Distress Over Time.
- Risk factors for fragility fractures in type 1 diabetes.
Type 2 Diabetes:
- Reach and Use of Diabetes Prevention Services in the United States, 2016-2017.
- Obstructive sleep apnea in Type 2 diabetes mellitus: increased risk for overweight as well as obese people included in a national primary care database analysis.
- Nutrition and lifestyle intervention in type 2 diabetes: pilot study in the Netherlands showing improved glucose control and reduction in glucose lowering medication.
- Take Control: A randomized trial evaluating the efficacy and safety of self‐ versus physician‐managed titration of insulin glargine 300 U/mL in patients with uncontrolled type 2 diabetes
- Effect of Flash Glucose Monitoring Technology on Glycemic Control and Treatment Satisfaction in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes.
- Risk assessment of metabolic syndrome in adolescents using the triglyceride/high-density lipoprotein cholesterol ratio and the total cholesterol/high-density lipoprotein cholesterol ratio.
- Association between Characteristics at Birth, Breastfeeding and Obesity in 22 Countries: The WHO European Childhood Obesity Surveillance Initiative – COSI 2015/2017.
- Trends in Prevalence of Cardiovascular Risk Factors from 2002‐2012 among Youth Early in the Course of Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes. The SEARCH for Diabetes in Youth Study.
- Identification of clinically relevant dysglycemia phenotypes based on continuous glucose monitoring data from youth with type 1 diabetes and elevated hemoglobin A1c.
- High-normal adolescent fasting plasma glucose is associated with poorer midlife brain health: Bogalusa Heart Study.
- Risk factors and outcomes for neonatal hypoglycemia and neonatal hyperbilirubinemia in pregnancies complicated by gestational diabetes mellitus: a single center retrospective 3‐year review.
- Association of Gestational Weight Gain With Adverse Maternal and Infant Outcomes.
- Vitamin D status during pregnancy and the risk of gestational diabetes mellitus: A longitudinal study in a multiracial cohort.
- Perinatal Risk Factors for Type 1 Diabetes.
- A prospective study of early pregnancy essential metal(loid)s and glucose levels late in the second trimester.
- Cost-Effectiveness of the US Food and Drug Administration Added Sugar Labeling Policy for Improving Diet and Health.
- Innovation to Create a Healthy and Sustainable Food System: A Science Advisory From the American Heart Association.
- Association of Sugary Beverage Consumption With Mortality Risk in US Adults, A Secondary Analysis of Data From the REGARDS Study.
- Ultra-Processed Diets Cause Excess Calorie Intake and Weight Gain: An Inpatient Randomized Controlled Trial of Ad Libitum Food Intake.
- New directions in incidence and prevalence of diagnosed diabetes in the USA.
- “Association of glucose concentrations at hospital discharge with readmissions and mortality: A nationwide cohort study.”
- Disease progression and treatment response in data-driven subgroups of type 2 diabetes compared with models based on simple clinical features: an analysis using clinical trial data.
- Utility of HbA1c assessment in people with diabetes awaiting liver transplantation.
- Efficacy and safety of dual SGLT 1/2 inhibitor sotagliflozin in type 1 diabetes: meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.
- Impact of Severe and Symptomatic Hypoglycemia on Quality of Life and Fear of Hypoglycemia in Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes. Results of the Hypos-1 Observational Study.
Lipidology and Diabetes:
- BMI, Mortality, and Cardiovascular Outcomes in Type 1 Diabetes: Findings Against an Obesity Paradox.
- Liver Stiffness Severity is Associated With Increased Cardiovascular Risk in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes.
- Cardiovascular effects of pioglitazone or sulphonylureas according to pretreatment risk: moving towards personalized care.
- Moderate Weight Change Following Diabetes Diagnosis and 10-Year Incidence of CVD and Mortality.
- Association of Non fasting vs Fasting Lipid Levels With Risk of Major Coronary Events in the Anglo-Scandinavian Cardiac Outcomes Trial–Lipid Lowering Arm.
Dental Health and Diabetes:
No articles available for this month’s review.
Monthly Journal Review Archive