Grilled Shrimp Over Arugula Salad
- For the marinade:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 20 oz. uncooked large shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 10 oz. organic baby bella mushroom caps
- 10 oz. organic large grape tomatoes
- 6 oz. organic arugula, washed and drained
- Place all marinade ingredients in a medium bowl; mix well. Add the shrimp and stir thoroughly to evenly coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, stirring 1-2 times.
- Wash, spin and pat dry the vegetables. Set aside.
- Heat the grill (indoor or outdoor) according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Using metal or previously water soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the mushrooms, shrimp and tomatoes.
- Grill the skewers 2 minutes per side, basting with the marinade for the first two minutes only.
- Divide the arugula among the four dinner plates. Place two skewers on each plate and serve. This dish tastes best when the shrimp and vegetables are removed from the skewers and mixed in with the arugula.
Johanna Burani, MS, RDN, CDE
Author, Good Carbs, Bad Carbs
Serving Size: 2 skewers each
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 8g
Saturated Fat 1.5g
Total Carbohydrate 8g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Sodium 363 mg
Vitamin D 0mcg
Potassium 696 mg