DCE MONTHLY JOURNAL REVIEW
Did you know you can get the articles listed in the Journal Review?
Interested in getting other articles?
DCE Journal Review February 2017
Type I Diabetes:
1. Higher Parathyroid Hormone Level Is Associated With Increased Arterial Stiffness in Type 1 Diabetes
2. Circulating Modified Metabolites and a Risk of ESRD in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes and Chronic Kidney Disease
3. H2O2-Responsive Vesicles Integrated with Transcutaneous Patches for Glucose-Mediated Insulin Delivery
4. First Infant Formula Type and Risk of Islet Autoimmunity in The Environmental Determinants of Diabetes in the Young (TEDDY) Study.
5. Poor Adherence to Ketone Testing in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes.
Type II Diabetes:
1. Novel Protein Glycan–Derived Markers of Systemic Inflammation and C-Reactive Protein in Relation to Glycemia, Insulin Resistance, and Insulin Secretion
2. Assessing the Safety of Sitagliptin in Older Participants in the Trial Evaluating Cardiovascular Outcomes With Sitagliptin (TECOS)
3. Type 2 Diabetes and Comorbid Symptoms of Depression and Anxiety: Longitudinal Associations With Mortality Risk
4. Combination Therapy With Exenatide Plus Pioglitazone Versus Basal/Bolus Insulin in Poorly Controlled Patients With Type 2 Diabetes on Sulfonylurea Plus Metformin: The Qatar Study
5. Effect of Combination Cholesterol-Lowering Therapy and Triglyceride-Lowering Therapy on Medical Costs in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
1. Parental Obesity and Early Childhood Development.
2. HbA1c and the Prediction of Type 2 Diabetes in Children and Adults
3. Long-term outcomes of bariatric surgery in adolescents with severe obesity (FABS-5+): a prospective follow-up analysis
4. Detection of enteroviruses in stools precedes islet autoimmunity by several months: possible evidence for slowly operating mechanisms in virus-induced autoimmunity
5. Risk of diabetes treated in early adulthood following growth hormone treatment for short stature in childhood
1. Mortality and morbidity in offspring of mothers with diabetes compared with a population group: a Danish cohort study with 8–35 years of follow-up.
2. Associations of lipid levels during gestation with hypertensive disorders of pregnancy and gestational diabetes mellitus: a prospective longitudinal cohort study.
3. Glyburide Versus Metformin and Their Combination for the Treatment of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus: A Randomized Controlled Study
4. The Virtual Office Visit for Women With Gestational Diabetes Mellitus
5. The risk factors for postpartum depression: A population-based study
1. Efficacy of a randomized trial examining commercial weight loss programs and exercise on metabolic syndrome in overweight and obese women
2. Health effects of resistant starch
3. Association of “Weekend Warrior” and Other Leisure Time Physical Activity Patterns With Risks for All-Cause, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cancer Mortality
4. Consumption of Low-Calorie Sweeteners among Children and Adults in the United States
5. Increasing Use of a Healthy Food Incentive: A Waiting Room Intervention Among Low-Income Patients
1. Glucose Concentrations of Less Than 3.0 mmol/L (54 mg/dL) Should Be Reported in Clinical Trials: A Joint Position Statement of the American Diabetes Association and the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.
2. Association Between Diabetes, Level of Glycemic Control, and Eye Infection: A Cohort Study.
3. Hormonal Contraception and Risk of Thromboembolism in Women With Diabetes
4. Diabetic Neuropathy: A Position Statement by the American Diabetes Association
5. Efficacy and effectiveness of screen and treat policies in prevention of type 2 diabetes: systematic review and meta-analysis of screening tests and interventions