DCE MONTHLY JOURNAL REVIEW
Did you know you can get the articles listed in the Journal Review?
Interested in getting other articles?
DCE Journal Review April 2017
1. PREVENT-DM Comparative Effectiveness Trial of Lifestyle Intervention and Metformin.
Type I Diabetes:
1. Efficacy and Safety of Metreleptin Therapy in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes: A Pilot Study.
2. Piloting a Remission Strategy in Type 2 Diabetes: Results of a Randomized Controlled Trial.
3. A low prevalence of non alcoholic fatty liver disease in patients with type 1 diabetes is associated to decreased subclinical cardiovascular disease.
4. Electrocardiographic Abnormalities and Cardiovascular Disease Risk in Type 1 Diabetes: The Epidemiology of Diabetes Interventions and Complications (EDIC) Study.
5. Gut microbial metabolites limit the frequency of autoimmune T cells and protect against type 1 diabetes.
Type II Diabetes:
1. Factors associated with antidiabetic medication non-adherence in patients with incident comorbid depression.
2. Statin Use and Risk of New-Onset Diabetes: A Meta-Analysis of Observational Studies.
3. Renal Handling of Ketones in Response to Sodium–Glucose Cotransporter 2 Inhibition in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes.
4. Breaking up prolonged sitting alters the postprandial plasma lipidomic profile of adults with Type 2 Diabetes.
5. Novel oral glucose-lowering drugs are associated with lower risk of all-cause mortality, cardiovascular events and severe hypoglycaemia compared with insulin in patients with type 2 diabetes.
1. Positive Psychosocial Factors in Childhood Predicting Lower Risk for Adult Type 2 Diabetes: The Cardiovascular Risk in Young Finns Study, 1980–2012.
2. Associations Between Autoimmune Diseases and Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: A Nationwide Study.
3. Ophthalmic Screening Patterns Among Youths With Diabetes Enrolled in a Large US Managed Care Network.
4. Childhood Adiposity and Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease in Adulthood.
5. Predictors of type 1 diabetes mellitus outcomes in young adults after transition from pediatric care.
1. In Utero Exposure to Maternal Hyperglycemia Increases Childhood Cardiometabolic Risk in Offspring.
2. Metabolic syndrome in Finnish women 7 years after a gestational diabetes prevention trial
3. The Prevention of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus With Antenatal Oral Inositol Supplementation: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
4. Early Pregnancy-Associated Plasma Protein A Concentrations are Associated with Third Trimester Insulin Sensitivity.
5. Serum zonulin level may predict gestational diabetes in pregnant women.
1. No Fat, No Sugar, No Salt . . . No Problem? Prevalence of “Low-Content” Nutrient Claims and Their Associations with the Nutritional Profile of Food and Beverage Purchases in the United States.
2. ‘Globesity’? The effects of globalization on obesity and caloric intake.
3. Coadministration of Canagliflozin and Phentermine for Weight Management in Overweight and Obese Individuals Without Diabetes: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
4. A systematic review of genetic syndromes with obesity.
5. Skipping breakfast and 5-year changes in body mass index and waist circumference in Japanese men and women.
1. Incidence of Ketoacidosis in the Danish Type 2 Diabetes Population Before and After Introduction of Sodium–Glucose Cotransporter 2 Inhibitors—A Nationwide, Retrospective Cohort Study, 1995–2014.
2. Supporting insulin initiation in type 2 diabetes in primary care: results of the Stepping Up pragmatic cluster randomized controlled clinical trial.
3. National trends in the treatment of diabetic nephropathy in the United States.
4. Implementation and Evaluation of a Large-Scale Teleretinal Diabetic Retinopathy Screening Program in the Los Angeles County Department of Health Service.
5. Pharmacotherapy for diabetic peripheral neuropathy pain and quality of life.