Diabetes Core Curriculum Workshop: Flushing, NY
7:30 AM to 4:30 PM CST
Diabetes Core Curriculum Workshop:
Increase your diabetes knowledge and gain confidence in diabetes patient education. Join your peers for the next Diabetes Core Curriculum Workshop.
Date: April 22-25, 2013 (Mon. - Thur.)
Location: Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel in Flushing, NY
Contact Hours: 30 Contact Hours: RD approved; RN & NP pending; PA category II
This course is updated before each session. Faculty are not only diabetes experts, but are professional speakers. Their delivery style creates memorable moments. Engage your senses -- come see, hear, ask questions, discuss. Enjoy this opportunity to talk with diabetes experts and your peers.
The 'Diabetes Core Curriculum Workshop' is a unique continuing education course designed for healthcare professionals who have knowledge of diabetes education and counseling. Through interactive lectures, discussion of case studies, 8 self-assessment exams and exhibits, up-to-date information is presented covering the principles of diabetes self-management education (DSME). The course will help you study for the CDE examination. It synthesizes the information you need to know and helps you identify what you know and what you still need to study to acquire proficiency. Our success is built on superb instruction in a fun and relaxed learning environment. Build confidence and enhance your expertise by attending this outstanding educational activity.
The course is approved for contact hours by agencies on the NCBDE list of continuing education providers so it can be used for CDE recertification.
- Disease Process
- Macrovascular Complications, Podiatry & Neuropathy
- Acute & Microvascular Complications
- Nutrition & Exercise
- Monitoring/Management of special populations, Pregnancy & Pediatrics
- Psychosocial Issues
- Self Management Education (Program Development & Patient Education)
This Workshop will help you:
- Update and expand your diabetes patient education knowledge
- Enhance your application/analysis skills
- Identify diabetes subjects in which you need further study to acquire proficiency
- Build confidence through professional self-development
- Obtain or maintain your professional certifications via an approved continuing education course. 30 Contact Hours: RD, RN, NP, PA category II
Please visit our website at http://www.prohealthconsulting.org for registration information for the next Diabetes Core Curriculum Workshop.
As an FYI, the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators has created a registration requirement for the examination stating an applicant needs to have a minimum of 15 clock hours of diabetes continuing education within the 2 years prior to applying for the certification examination. The DCCW will provide you with 30 clock hours.
For information please contact: