Diabetes Care and Education (DCE) is a practice group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
As leaders in the healthcare community, DCE members make positive contributions for people with diabetes and their families, the DCE membership, healthcare providers, other professional organizations and industry partners.
Diabetes Care and Education Strategic Plan - June 2013 through May 2016
Empowering DCE members to be leaders in food, nutrition, and diabetes care and prevention
Optimizing the health of people impacted by diabetes using food, nutrition, and self-management education.
- Customer (internal & external) focus: Meet the needs and exceed the expectations of all customers.
- Integrity: Act ethically with accountability for life-long learning and commitment to excellence.
- Innovation: Initiate and embrace change with creativity and strategic thinking.
- Social Responsibility: Make decisions with consideration for inclusivity as well as environmental, economic and social implications.
- Collaboration/Collegiality: Seek opportunities to share expertise with our domestic & global stakeholders .
Strategic Priority Areas
- Sustain and enhance a participation and retention among members
- Advance DCE’s member relationships among industry, media, the public and health professionals
- Support and promote public policy and research efforts in nutrition and diabetes
2013-2016 Strategic Goals
- Use electronic technology to engage new and existing members
- Promote and support member professional development
- Maintain a high value of membership
- Collaborate with organizations to promote RDs in diabetes care, education and prevention
- Address and support public policy efforts involving nutrition and diabetes and pre-diabetes
- Increase research efforts